A visit to the legendary San Francisco remains as mythic today as it was in the 60s. Set on the Pacific ocean, and guarded by the famous Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco will seduce you from the moment you arrive. With its famous steep streets and cable cars, its charming neighborhoods, and colorful Victorian houses, San Francisco is a way of life, fused with art and creativity, fantastic food and wine from Napa Valley, just an hour away.
Between the city’s famous landmarks–including Alcatraz Island, Telegraph Hill with its stunning views, and Chinatown–and its hidden gems, parks with incredible views of the Bay, little known neighborhoods boutiques, a day trip up to Point Reyes–it will be hard not to leave your heart in San Francisco.
Itinerary in San Francisco
San Francisco for Newcomers
This 5-day itinerary is perfect for new visitors to San Francisco. It will take visitors all around the city’s highlights, while giving visitors a good idea of what living in this magical city is like.
This itinerary includes, but is not limited to:
- A private guided city tour by car or by minibus to see San Francisco’s highlights (one day).
- Discover the famous Victorian houses facing Alamo park.
- Guided tour down the famous Lombard street that has eight turns on a block!
- Visit Chinatown — Atypical walking tour of the oldest and the largest Chinese community in North America.
- Discover Sausalito — Take the ferry or cross the Golden Gate Bridge to discover this charming town. With its history as a fishing village and then as a hippie village and now an artistic community with unforgettable views of the bay, this excursion is not to be missed.
- One day excursion to Mount Tamalpais Park, one of the highest peaks in the San Francisco Bay area. On a clear day, it is possible to see San Francisco and the Bay area. This excursion can include hiking, biking, and camping.
- A one-day guided tour to the famous Napa Valley, considered one of the premier wine regions in the world. The day trip includes a visit to the wineries, a wine tasting, and lunch in a gourmet restaurant.
- Dinner with a gorgeous view of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.