Travel to Russia to discover the slavic world with its rich history, culture and traditions. A trip to Russia would be incomplete without visiting the two iconic cities of St Petersburg and Moscow.
Travel to Moscow to see the Kremlin and the Red Square where so much history has unfolded.
Visit Saint Petersburg for its culturally rich monuments without missing the Hermitage.
Russia is a vast country also encompassing the Golden Ring, the ancient and massive Lake Baikal, the Red Sea, and so much more.
Itinerary in Russia
This 12-day itinerary is ideal for first-time visitors to Russia interested in the country’s deep history and culture. The first few days will be in St Petersburg, where national treasures like the Peter and Paul Fortress and the Hermitage Museum, as well a lesser known gems will be visited. After six days of exploring the ins and outs of St Petersburg, travelers will embark the night train to Moscow to visit the Kremlin and other not-to-be-missed highlights. The trip will continue on to Yaroslavl and end in the cradle of the Romanov dynasty in Kostroma.
Our Favorite Activities in Saint Petersburg
An imperial city during the 18th and 19th centuries, Saint Petersburg is a beautiful city with a rich European-prone culture.
- A visit the legendary Hermitage Museum
- Visit the Catherine Palace, named after Catherine I, wife to Peter the Great. Also known as Tarskoe Selo, the palace owes its grandeur to Catherine and Peter’s daughter Empress Elizabeth who had it redesigned by architects with instructions to rival Versailles.
- Go back in time and ride a horse and buggy across Saint Petersburg.
- A visit to the city’s original citadel the Peter and Paul Fortress
- A visit to the Saint Alexander Nevsky Monastery founded by Peter the Great of Russia in 1710
- A visit to the Youssoupof Palace where Rasputin was assassinated
- Visit the royal palaces of Catherine and Peterhof
- A musical evening at the Marinsky
- Experience quintessential Russian culture embodied in traditional dances and songs at a folkshow.
Our Favorite Activities in Moscow
Russia’s capital has a mixed reputation for tourists, but the city’s rich history and culture make this city a must.
- A guided tour of the Red Square and St. Basil’s Cathedral
- A guided tour of the Kremlin, the centre of power in Russia for over 500 years
- The Bolchoi theatre for a musical evening
- Shopping at Tsum, a shopping institution in Russia
- A guided tour of the gorgeously ornate, vaulted hauls of Moscow’s metro stations
- Have a late dinner at Café Pushkin