St. Petersburg (Russia)
Itineraries in St. Petersburg (Russia)
Saint Petersburg/Moscow/Golden Ring
A glimpse into Russia's incredible history and culture.
Day 1 - Arrival
– Arrival in St Petersburg.
Day 2 - Saint Petersburg
-In the morning, visit the cradle of the city, the Peter and Paul Fortress–the city’s original citadel–followed by a visit of the rest of the city including Nevsky Prospect, the Smolny Convent (the first school for young aristocratic ladies), etc.
– Lunch at a carefully selected restaurant.
– In the afternoon, visit Saint Michael’s Castle, the bronze horseman, etc.
Day 3 - Hermitage Museum
– Visit Hermitage Museum, the largest museum of Russia, including the theaters, private apartments, as well as its emblematic collections featuring the works of Leonardo da Vinci, Titian, Caravage, Velasquez, Rembrandt, Dutch artists of the 17th century, and the French impressionists.
– Lunch at the famous restaurant where Alexander Pushkin drank his last coffee before his dual with Dante.
– Afternoon stroll in the neighborhood.
Day 4 - Famous Palaces
– Visit Pushkin and Pavlovsk — 2 of the most beautiful palaces in the world.
– Catherine Palace or Tsarskoye Selo (Tsars’ village)’s name was changed to Pushkin under the Soviet Regime. Both palaces, Catherine’s and her son Paul’s, are beautiful and are 4 km apart.
Day 5 - Saint Petersburg's Gems
– Visit St Isaac’s Cathedral.
– Lunch at Polovtsev Palace.
– Afternoon visit of Yusupov Palace, a gem amongst the many palaces of St Petersburg. The palace has kept all of the decor and charm of the 19th century.
Day 6 - State Russian Museum
– The State Russian Museum, with its beautiful exhibit of Russian icons.
-Lunch at the Saint Petersburg restaurant near the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood.
– Guided visit of the exterior of the church and the neighborhood.
– Departure to Moscow on a night train.
Day 7 - Moscow
– Guided tour of the city including the Kremlin, Tretiakoff, Pushkin, Kolomenskoye.
Day 8 - Moscow/Yaroslavl
– Afternoon train from Moscow to Yaroslavl and night in Yarolsavl.
Day 9 - Yaroslavl
– Visit Church of Elijah the Prophet, transfiguration monastery, Yaroslavl icons, the local market,
Church of The Nativity of The 17th Century…
Day 10 - Yaroslavl/Kostroma
– Take the two-hour train to Kostroma, the cradle of the Romanoff dynasty.
– Night in Kostroma.
Day 11 - Kostroma
– Visit the city and the open air museum.
– Take the night train to Moscow
Day 12 - Departure
– Return home from Moscow.