Itinerary in Costa Rica
Enjoy this week-long stay in the natural paradise that is Costa Rica. Here are some highlights:
- Enjoy a ziplining adventure in a 1,200-acre nature reserve set in a neon-green rainforest at the edge of Braulio Carrillo National Park. Ascend into the trees for a thrilling zipline ride, surrounded by 360-degree views of the landscape and the sounds of howler monkeys and tropical birds.
- Rise early for a guided birding walk that may star great green macaws, before embarking on a cruise down the lazy tropical rivers that define Tortuguero National Park, one of the largest rainforests in Central America.
- Head by boat to Caño Palma (Palm Canal) for an exciting kayak adventure in the richest biological ecosystem in Costa Rica. Paddling alongside an expert local guide, enjoy a beautiful journey to Tortuguero National Park.
- Visit a local farm and meet the owner, Don Juan. Join him on a tour through the fields of his plantation, where tropical birds take flight and where you learn about the tropical produce he grows.
- Visit Arenal Volcano. Marvel at the views of the famed volcano, now in a resting state after years of activity, and featuring a near-perfect cone soaring 5,357 feet above sea level.
- Explore the surrounding rainforest on an unforgettable Arenal Hanging Bridges tour. See the lush treetops from nearly two miles of hanging bridges, each designed to blend with the natural environment, while leaving the forest habitat virtually intact.
- Enjoy a rewarding visit to El Ciebo Hot Springs. Tucked between Lake Arenal Dam and La Fortuna nearly a mile off the main road, the springs consist of five free-flowing pools amid a natural river gorge. Cool off after your dip with smoothies and cocktails made with fresh local ingredients.